So, I have managed to miss two rounds of the series, and will certainly miss the next round at Cadwell on 14th and 15th of July. Anglesey was unavoidable as I was on holiday at a friends wedding, Oulton Park was 2 days after I arrived back, and Cadwell... Well... See below for a clue...



The two rounds I missed sounded attritional! Torrential rain, lots of fallers, people refusing, or at least debating whether to race. Femember, the series uses a Dunlop Qualifier control road tyre, so although there is some wet grip, its not like using a wet racing tyre. A couple of serious accidents, with Bradders (whom I bought the bike off last year) having a bad off, Simon Allen, the wet wizard, tucking his immaculate RAF bike up and Awesome Lawson on the mirrored bike aqua planing, being told he was ok to go home...then finding out he'd cracked a vertebrae!? Get well soon to all the fallers...


Anglesey highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-svy2cyT5M&feature=youtube_gdata_player



Oulton highlights

http://youtu.be/UerGSMSn0WU


I was left alone for a weekend by the missus while she went back North for a few days. Bad mistake! I started off wanting to remove the rear wheel and look at fitting a new chain and sprockets along with my lightweight wheel. Problem is, once I started, I couldn't stop! The bike is now in bits, and I'm worried I'll never get it back together again. I've never done a strip down and rebuild, but there's a first time for everything.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

All I have to do now is get the inner race from inside the headstock, get everything masked off, then get the frame into the powder coaters. While that's being done, I'll look at refreshing the engine paint, maybe even put new jets in the carbs, fit the new rear wheel, fit the aluminium swing arm that arrived this week, fit new bodywork, fit a lap timer, fix and properly connect the digital dash... Hmmmm, thinking about it I might not even make the next race at Donnington on 25th August at this rate as I only have 2 free weekends :( next after that is Cadwell again on 15th Sept then finally Sneterton 200 on 19th October. Surely I can make that one?!

More pics and deals of the rebuild once I get time to actually do anything!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment