Saturday 4th February 2012

Two things have happened in the last couple of weeks that will likely have opposite effects on my racing.

1) I got engaged last week (this is good news in "normal" life, but negative for cashflow and so my racing budget!)

2) I got the bike back from HM Racing after a full suspension overhaul and a few odd jobs (huge positive whichever way you look at it!)

I've yet to ride it, but they have striped, serviced and set the forks for my weight including new linear springs. This is crucial as the forks are externally non-adjustable as per the series rules (only spring rate, oil thickness and spacers/air gap can be changed). At the rear, they have stripped, cleaned and serviced the Ohlins shock and again set this to my weight. The difference should be HUGE, so I can't wait to get out and test it.

They also made up a new exhaust braket, fixed the fairing bracket which had cracked from my heavy handedness, and dyno'd the bike as it is. I have a massive 48 bhp! Given the limit is 53bhp for the Desmo Due Class B series it is about 10% down on peak power. At least I still have an excuse to pull out post race ;)

Next, is a track day to test the new set up, a few odd jobs and some new tyres, fluids and filters before the first race. It's starting to feel real now, and that's scary...

No comments:

Post a Comment