Sunday 1st January 2012

Ok, so it's been a while since I last posted. Christmas, and some cold weather before that, conspired against me and I haven't been out into the garage much. All I have managed to do is take apart the rear to get the the shock, and change the rear spring. That's one job ticked off (once I managed to put it all back together!). I managed to flood the garage with petrol in the process, but luckily I don't smoke so I'm still here to write this...

In the interest of time, and safety, I think the best bet now is for me to get the rear shock back in, and take the bike as is to a suspension expert to have the forks re-worked and the bike properly set up. I need to get it ready before the end of January really so I can get a bit more track time under my belt before the season starts in 10 weeks (yes, TEN WEEKS!!?!?! Argggghhhh).

Plans for a full strip down, repainting, new body work etc have gone out of the window for this season at least I think. Maybe there are bits I can do along the way, but I think the full overhaul will have to come next year when I have more time, and a more accessable, warm, garage attached to a house rather than a quarter of a mile down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment